The conference highlights research on thermal issues in machine tools, forming machines, industrial 3D printers and hybrid machines:
- Thermal interactions between workpiece, tool and machine
- Testing and simulation methods to identify thermal errors
- Reference workpieces and assessment
- Energy efficient compensation and correction of thermal errors
- Improving thermal robustness of machine tools through design modification
- Thermo-energetic optimization of machine tools
The ICTIMT 2023 will be held at the Technische Universität Dresden. The program is highlighted by lab demonstrations of 12 years intense research by the DFG SFB/TR 96 community from Dresden, Aachen and Chemnitz.